Welcome to the SWA Library 2.0
* Relocation to the original place – the reading room next to the SWA Office.
* Interior wall decor accents.
* Addition of new books. A total of almost 3000 books available now.
BOOK LIST: Check out the entire list online at:
* Computerized book check ins/outs.
* Story time sessions with themes and video on special occasions.
Photo: Inside the library
Photo: Storytime Session
* Members can indicate a book request/wish list to be considered for purchase and added to the library.
* Subscription to popular magazines.
The SWA Library began in 2009, with the initiative of NIDHI DUTTA along with a team of dedicated RESIDENT VOLUNTEERS.
Volunteers are involved with the library opening, book check in/outs, storytelling and managing donations, book purchases, cataloging, sorting and shelving the books.
* Our dedicated long time volunteers involved with the library:
JAYASHREE MURALI, KAVITA MOHARIR & SUSHMITA DEY
* Our storytellers also involved in other duties:
MEGHA TRIVEDI, ARCHANA, HARINI SRINIVASAN, VEENA KASHYAP & RASHMI HARI
* Our Friday in charge who also helped move our member records online: VANISHREE
* Our online book database creator: KIRTI DESAI
* Our past volunteers and storytellers:
MALINI PARMAR, MANISHA GUPTA, AMULYA, RAMYA EASHWARAN, SUBHA, SUBHA, PRIYA, JAYSHRI, BINDU, SMITHA PICHRIKAT
* Our more recent volunteers: BAMA RAMESH, RASHMI SOGI & SIMRAN
* Current MC Team: BHANU for making the move possible, VINEET for the décor, NIRANJAN & MEERA for doing their bit.
* SWA Staff who pitch in whenever required: ANAND for helping with setting up the decor, the HOUSEKEEPING &
SUPPORT STAFF who all helped with the move and KRISHNA.
* Some of the wall paintings were contributed by: PRERANA SHARMA, a SF resident.
* Very importantly, all our DONORS for the valuable book and magazine donations.
The SWA Library is a collaborative effort of Springfields resident volunteers. We apologize if anyone’s contribution was inadvertently overlooked.
Photo: Our current volunteers
Top Row, From Left to Right: Jayashree, Harini, Vani
Bottom Row, Left to Right: Rashmi Hari, Bama, Rashmi Sogi
From Left to Right: Kavita, Archana, Veena, Sushmita, Megha
* Location: Next to SWA Office, Clubhouse 1st floor.
* Hours: M - F between 6 pm - 7 pm. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes before closing time to check out books.
* Storytime (FREE): Most Fridays at 6 pm at the Guest Room near Ahvataras Spa.
* Membership: Any resident may come and read at the library when we are open.
To checkout books, a membership is required and can be obtained with one-time fee payment of Rs. 250/-.
* Policies: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwJ7L-_YXY1gQThyRGwtNDA5TlE/edit?usp=sharing
* Website: http://www.springfields.in/facilities/library
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to help?
* Help keep the library organized by shelving books you read at the library back to their original place if you do not intend to check it out.
* Observe the library rules and policies.
* Donate books (non-technical and non-academic).
* Get involved by volunteering.
More PHOTOS can be found at the link below: (Click on the "All Photos" button there)
Please come and enjoy the SWA Library 2.0 !
- SWA Library